Fried Barry (2020)

 




 A heroin addicts body is taken over by an alien and goes on stranger and stranger adventures, sometimes saving the day and sometimes ruining it. A mix of mild horror, drug use and abuse, sex and science fiction Fried Barry is the kind of movie you'll probably only watch once.

From what i could see Fried Barry is an interesting insight into life in the lower classes of Cape Town South Africa. I'm unfamiliar with South African culture but it felt an authentic portrayal of the dark and gritty neighbourhoods.

People in this movie give out free drugs and sex a lot more than I have personally experienced in my life. I assume it has to do with the aliens mojo or whatever but I was still a bit shocked. 

This movie was definitely desperate to be a cult classic and to be honest it probably is. It is very much an experimental film and not for everyone's tastes but I definitely enjoyed myself, even if the ending was a bit of a flop.


Comments

Popular Posts