Better Watch Out 2016 - A Christmas horror with a killer twist

 


Christmas Horror is a genre of films I never thought I would get into, but seeing as I love both Christmas and Horror I thought this year was the perfect year to get into the spirit.

 

Better Watch Out (2016) starts off in a family home in the suburbs of the US at Christmas time. Luke (Levi Miller) and Garrett (Ed Oxenbould) are discussing the best ways to get Luke’s babysitter Ashley (Olivia DeJonge) to have sex with them.
Seeing as they’re twelve and obviously massive dorks it’s pretty obvious that the plan to get her in the mood with horror films is going to fail. Garrett goes home and Luke turns on the charm, which is completely cringey to watch. Ashley has been fighting with her boyfriend so he feels like he’s in with a chance. It’s cute but made me cringe so hard.
After the parents leave it slowly becomes apparent that Luke and Ashley aren’t completely alone.
There are some great jumps scares, like really great. I jumped and I hardly ever jump.
From cringey to scary, this movie turns into a great intruder movie. Ashley and Luke struggle to keep away from a ski mask clad intruder with a big old shotgun.

Then comes the twist. I might be dumb as a post because I did not see it coming at all. Let me know if you did!
It’s well worth the cringey beginning if you can make it through it.

On the whole I really enjoyed this movie, it really got me in the mood for Christmas Horror. Who knew Christmas lights can be used to tie someone up? I sure hadn’t thought of it but I tell you what it’s festive, merry and bright.


Sorry for my absence lately, I’ve been in a depression hole and have barely watch any movies that wasn’t with my kids. No one wants a review of Home Alone 1, 2 and 3 do they?

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and stay spooky.







Comments

Popular Posts